Cloud migration has become the popular storage and data exchange system for large businesses as well as small-scale enterprises as it’s the safest backup location and most economical. Every email client database file as well as Outlook on Mac OLM file is unsafe or susceptible to corruption since the location of OLM files is not accessible via the internet. The possibility that corruption could occur is constantly present. However, Microsoft 365 needs only login information and can be accessed from any computer. Microsoft 365 also offers many features to users like Microsoft Exchange Online, Outlook for Web Azure, SharePoint, Yammer, OneDrive, etc. Cloud platform’s accessibility anywhere is another advantage of the huge and secure data storage. Microsoft 365 platform is also popular due to its capacity and the flexibility of plans, subscriptions, and features.
Recently, we received a lot of users’ queries about a reliable solution to move OLM files to cloud account. For those who are currently using or possessing OLM files and need immediate shift of their data to cloud storage This blog is sure be useful. Take a look and learn the provided solutions for importing OLM files into Office 365 account.
Try a manual solution to Import OLM to Office 365
The default method to import OLM into Office 365 is indirect, slow and costly. It is recommended to make backups to your OLM files prior to executing this procedure. This is the full explanation of the procedure.
A. Configuring an IMAP Account within Gmail then configuring within Outlook for Mac
Let us first know the necessary steps to create an IMAP account using Google’s Gmail application.
Notice: If you do not have an Gmail account, you’ll need to create one.
- Log in to your Gmail account and then click your settings option.
- Then, on the Settings page, click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. Under the IMAP Access section select the Enable IMAP alternative.
- After that, click the “Save Changes” choice to store the setting. The IMAP account has been set up.
Now, set up this IMAP account within MAC Outlook using the below-described instructions.
- Begin using your Outlook for Mac application. Go to Tools > Accounts.
- In the open window that appears, click on plus sign to create a new account, which corresponds to the Gmail IMAP account.
- In the next step, you need to provide information regarding Gmail IMAP account along with the user’s name and password.
Incoming server Server incoming imap.gmail.com
The Outlook Server – smtp.gmail.com
SSL Connection – Make sure to check this option
- Click on the Add Account option. After successful connection to your Gmail IMAP account will get established using Outlook on Mac.
B. Create labels in Gmail account to synchronize MAC Outlook as well as IMAP account
Users must create a labels within Gmail to enable synchronization and then transfer OLM file information to the specified IMAP account. We would like to know how you can do this.
- Once again, log into your Gmail account, and then go to the settings >> Label.
- Click on the “Create new” alternative to design a label. Select a name, with details for the nest label, and then click “OK”. The label is immediately created.
- Then, you can open then the MAC Outlook application. Click on the “Send/Receive” option to ensure that the sync process is initiated.
- Be patient until the entire data transfer is complete.
C. Setting up Gmail IMAP account in Outlook before moving to Office 365
This is the end of this native solution that will transfer OLM into Office 365. All you have to do is set up an IMAP accounts in Outlook using the Account Settings feature in Outlook by registering the new IMAP account with Gmail credentials. After your Gmail account is setup within Outlook, all the information is accessible in Outlook that you can transfer into the PST folders using the drag and drop or copy-paste option.
In the end, you can transfer OLM information within Outlook PST files into Office 365, either you can create a Microsoft 365 account in Outlook and then transfer OLM data into Office 365 mailbox folder or utilize the cloud Import option (Network Upload method) to upload Outlook information into it by uploading PST documents using Microsoft built-in software Azure AzCopy software.
Related Post: Visit Here
As you can tell and is also stated at the beginning of the process, it’s a lengthy process that requires attentive experienced hands for its execution. Any mistake made at any point could result in more issues throughout the process, which could lead to loss of data or the failure of transfer. Furthermore, the manual method described above involves at least two Operating System environments at the at the same time, which can be a challenge sometimes and, in the worst cases is that the integrity of emails or files could be compromised throughout the process. Manual solutions are not suitable for large-scale enterprise migrations.
Try Direct Method Professional One
We are not able to guarantee manual strategies for the success of OLM information transfer into Office 365 destination. We therefore recommend an automated solution to complete this process for the transfer of data from OLM Files to Office 365 platform.
Instead of pursuing an intricate, risky manual procedure to transfer OLM into Office 365 opting for the most secure OLM Converter tool is the best choice. It is able to transfer OLM into Office 365 within 4 easy steps.